Michael K. Navarro is not only an experienced Realtor, he also has an extensive culinary background. In this video, you will learn how to make delicious piccata.
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 5 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 1/4 cups chicken stock
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1/4 cup capers, drained
- Chili power to taste
- Season chicken with 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Dredge chicken in 4 tablespoons flour until evenly coated.
- Heat canola oil and butter in a medium skillet over medium heat.
- Working in batches, add chicken to the skillet in a single layer and cook until golden brown and cooked through, reaching an internal temperature of 165 degrees F, about 4-5 minutes per side; set aside. Reduce heat to medium low.
- Whisk in remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons flour until lightly browned, about 1 minute.
- Gradually stir in chicken stock, wine and lemon juice. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until reduced and slightly thickened, about 3 minutes. Stir in heavy cream, parsley and capers; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Return chicken to the skillet.
- Serve immediately.
If you would like to see Michael make another dish or have a special request, comment below. He would be more than happy to walk you through how to take your dinner to the next level.
Michael K. Navarro is a Broker/Realtor at Lifestyle Properties of Keller Williams Realty, serving the Greater Portland area. He is passionate about the culinary industry, and creating delicious and beautifully presented meals for loved ones (and of course, clients.)